The University of Tokyo scholarship is now open to international students for the new year academic. It is a fully funded scholarship open to international students who wish to pursue their degree in a graduate program at one of the Japanese universities. Here is a great opportunity to apply to study in a master’s or Ph.D. degree program in Japan.
The University of Tokyo welcomes applicants who are foreigners (who live outside Japan) to apply for their graduate or postgraduate degree spring scholarship. Although, the scholarship is open to all international students each applicant is advised to check the eligibility criteria before submitting the application.
The University of Tokyo scholarship program is offered for all students from undergraduate to postgraduate levels with a variety of courses for the benefit of national and international students. It also offers high academic skills and adds value to students’ knowledge.
About the Scholarship – Summary
|Host Institution||University of Tokyo|
|Degree Level(s)||Master’s, Ph.D|
|Eligible Nation(s)||All World Countries including Neighbouring Countries|
|Scholarship Type||Fully Funded Scholarship|
|Application Deadline||October 28, 2022|
You can also join over 150,000 international students who presently studying at the University of Tokyo through scholarships. The class for the Master’s students will start in October 2023 and last for two years old (September 2025), while the doctoral students’ class will start in October 2023 and will end in September 2026. The students will study in various academic fields at the university. Click here to see the available field of study and research plan.
Successful applicants to the University of Tokyo will enjoy the below benefits:
- Monthly stipend
- Tuition-Free for the University of Tokyo scholarship students
- 144,000 and 145,000 Yen monthly stipend for each Masters’s and Ph.D. degree student respectively
- Round airfare (travel tickets) grants to each University of Tokyo student to their various destinations (to and fro)
- Exemption of enrolment fee
Eligibility Criteria for the University of Tokyo Scholarship
- Applicant must be an international student
- The applicant for this scholarship must be born on April 1988 or after
- The applicant is allowed to apply to a field of study or the related one he/she previously studied in the previous university
- The applicant must meet the required point in the English Language
- The applicant must have a minimum score of B2 on the English Proficiency Test or IELTS 5.5 and above or TOEFL iBT 72 and above
- Students whose official language in the previous university are exempted from the test, they can just submit the English Proficiency certificate
The University of Tokyo scholarships applicants are required to submit the following documents when submitting their applications:
- International passport (showing the photograph part the applicant)
- Application form, you can click here to download
- Recommendation letter from the previous university’s dean or above
- Recent passport photograph with the following features
- size 4.5 x 3.5 cm upper-body
- no cap
- Official transcript of the last degree
- Proof of language
- Graduation thesis abstract
We wish you all the best.